A word before you read

I am not really a poet and these are mere attempts to write poetry. I would conveniently call them free verse to escape criticism. I feel an urge to express an idea or a deep feeling or strong emotion or just describe a scene. The result is what you see.

Monday, September 2, 2013

My Childhood Mountain

Every time I pass by it on the train
my childhood mountain remains unchanged.
I had conquered nimble footed those hills
prancing along merry paths made by rills.
Now weak-kneed, I can barely descend
though its sight makes my soul ascend.

Its holds in its womb a fecund valley
countless creatures, lush green paddy
pepper scrambling up towering trees
jackfruit and fruit trees growing with ease.
With equal greedy ease it’s plundered
Yet all is gracefully, generously rendered.

My childhood mountain gently mocks
my aging haggard body laid waste
by greedy tastes and corporate haste.
Every time up and down my hill I climb
it slows my pace, makes me sublime
and glues me to solid ground.

2 comments: