A word before you read

I am not really a poet and these are mere attempts to write poetry. I would conveniently call them free verse to escape criticism. I feel an urge to express an idea or a deep feeling or strong emotion or just describe a scene. The result is what you see.

Friday, June 15, 2018

An Evening Stroll


Against the pale-washed evening sky
I amble down the narrow lonely way
dawdling, breathing in pure delight
mesmerised
verdant green grown wild on either side,
dragon flies darting to and fro
as though in control of the skies,
birds chirping different fluty tunes
calling their mates to roost and rest,
a robin couple engrossed in making love.

Ahead the looming mountains beckon me
inviting me to probe their mysteries:
their countless twists and turns
vales, cliffs, boulders and plants.
A lone tree standing out right on top
teases me to give it company.
I feel an instant urge to hug the mountains,
they in turn seem to lunge forward
in an inclusive embrace

I feel an expansion within me
A thrilling tingling sensation
Runs as estuaries filling
Every cell, pore and vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment