A word before you read

I am not really a poet and these are mere attempts to write poetry. I would conveniently call them free verse to escape criticism. I feel an urge to express an idea or a deep feeling or strong emotion or just describe a scene. The result is what you see.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dusk in the Mountains


This poem was written after an intense experience I had in Munnar during dusk. The sunset was stunningly beautiful. I was transfixed by it. I would sound conceited if I called it a semi-mystical experience. It was something like what Wordsworth, the nature mystic, felt. I felt at one with nature. Unfortunately, I lost the text. What I have written is incomplete after trying hard to wrench out from my memory the words I used. 

... The sun cast its magic
As it set ...
The pale mountains bathe in blood
The clouds freak pink
The speechless air reeks orange
Birds and beasts,
Young and old
Merge selves in red, but drown not

The heavens and the earth
Baptised in blood
Recreated, reborn every pulsing moment
In a passionate union.
In an instant
Dusk slips to darkness
the dark God of unknowing takes over
the unconscious conscious ...

One and yet many
the jugglery of reality
The seamless robe
One the many
One-Many
OM


No comments:

Post a Comment