A word before you read

I am not really a poet and these are mere attempts to write poetry. I would conveniently call them free verse to escape criticism. I feel an urge to express an idea or a deep feeling or strong emotion or just describe a scene. The result is what you see.

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Fall – A Dream


There was a time I used to dream a lot. Some of them were scary. In some of my dreams I saw myself drowning in an expanse of water or being chased by a tiger. There were also pleasant dreams especially of enchanting mystic landscapes.  There was one dream, however, which was both scary and delightful. Here’s the description of that dream in a poem.

Lingering along the crystal blue rill

Leaping from slimy rock to rock
Pausing, enchanted by running pools clear and still
Stopping atop a huge boulder,
I peered down the murmuring pool
And slip I did and went sliding down
Slipping wet into the silent deep wetness below
Petrified I was to the bones

And suddenly I was falling no more
down the slippery rock
But rushing down, down a cascade
The roaring white gushing foam enveloping me
Terrified I was no more

And then in a flash
I was racing down a skyscraper
An ecstatic letting go
A falling up
Blissful I was

Jerking back into waking consciousness
I tried to relax and recapture the dream
Alas! Only a spherical white luminosity
Laved my mind’s eye 
Lingering for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment